Outstanding Achievement in Environmental Technology and Innovation
This award is presented to an individual, team or organization that has demonstrated leadership and innovation in the successful development and/or commercialization of novel technologies or processes with significant environmental benefit
The Written Nomination Submission MUST Address The Following Criteria:
Novelty Of The Innovation
- Describe the technology in terms that can be understood by a non-expert in the field.
- What is the significance of the technology? How is it innovative or leading edge?
Demonstrate The Ability To Develop A New Technology Innovation From Concept To Application
- Describe how the technology was developed and how it is being commercially applied.
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to gains in operational efficiency and improvement?
Demonstrate Positive Impact To Environmental Performance And Sustainable Development In Areas Such As Reduced Water Use, Reduced Air Emissions, Enhanced Energy Efficiency, Smaller Land Footprint And Waste Reduction
- Describe the environmental benefits of the technology and how the innovation is having a positive impact on the environment.\
Demonstrate Social And Economic Impact
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create and/or retain high paying jobs?
- How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?