Outstanding Achievement in Health Innovation
This award honours leadership and significant contribution leading to the successful development and/or commercialization of a medical or health innovation or breakthrough, including improved quality of care; enhanced system-wide approaches to wellness, prevention, early intervention and management; mental health and addiction or accelerating health and wellness innovation.
WHO CAN APPLY: An individual or team
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the medical or health problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation?
- 2. What stage is the innovation at? Basic, Applied, Prototype, Pre-commercial or Commercial?
- 3. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the research or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – How has the innovation advanced new knowledge in the field?
- – Has the innovation or research resulted in a solution to a common or persistent problem? Has it been an incremental change or a major leap forward?
- – What is the significance of these advancements?
- 4. Demonstrate impact.
- – Describe the overall impact and benefits of the contribution to medicine or health. How is the contribution particularly noteworthy?
- – Describe how the nominee has been recognized as a leading expert in his/her field. For example, is the nominee a recipient of major awards? Is their work cited by others in refereed journals and publications?
- – How does the contribution improve quality of life?