Outstanding Achievement in Information and Communications Technology sponsored by TELUS
This award honour development and/or commercialization of a novel product or application of Information and Communications Technology (ICT). This product or app must demonstrate a substantial increase in the overall efficiency and operational improvement in its market sector.
The winner of this award will receive a $10,000 cash prize from TELUS.
WHO CAN APPLY: individual, team or organization
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the market problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the innovation and how it is unique and leading edge?
- – Describe or demonstrate how the innovation has progressed from concept to commercial application.
- – How does the solution contribute to gains in operational efficiency and improvements?
- – What is the significance of the solution?
- 3. Demonstrate social and economic impact.
- – Describe how the application of the technology has created new, more effective processes or changed the business model for doing business in an industry sector.
- – How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high-paying jobs?
- – How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?
- – How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?