Innovation in Oil Sands Research sponsored by Syncrude Canada Ltd.
This award is presented to an individual or team working in academia, industry, or government. The recipient(s) must be currently active in a research group and have demonstrated exceptional research ability or have developed a technology of significance to the Alberta oil sands industry.
A nomination may be made in one of the following three areas, all of which are equally weighted:
- Significant research leading to an improved understanding of any process.
- Fundamental research leading to the advancement of knowledge.
- Development of novel processes or systems.
The nomination should describe the research or technology development ability of the nominee, as well as the advancement in both fundamental and/or applied research. The winner is judged according to the quality of the research/development program.
This award is sponsored by Syncrude Canada Ltd. which provides a cash prize of $10,000 to the winner.
Written Nomination Submission MUST Address One Or More Of The Following Criteria:
Significant Research Leading To An Understanding Of Any Process
- Describe the research and how it is unique.
- How has the innovation advanced fundamental and/or applied research?
Fundamental Research Leading To The Advancement Of Knowledge
- Describe how the research has advanced new knowledge.
Development Of Novel Processes Or Systems
- Describe the uniqueness of the processes or systems.
Demonstrate Social And Economic Impact
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high paying jobs?
- How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?