Outstanding Achievement in Science & Engineering sponsored by Alberta Economic Development and Trade
This award honours leadership and significant contribution to a science, engineering or mathematics innovation or breakthrough.
WHO CAN APPLY: An individual or team
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the research or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – How has the innovation advanced new knowledge in the field?
- – Has the innovation or research resulted in a solution to a common or persistent problem? Has it been an incremental change or a major leap forward?
- – What is the significance of these advancements?
- 3. Demonstrate impact.
- – Describe the overall impact and benefits of the contribution to science, engineering or mathematics. How is the contribution particularly noteworthy?
- – Describe how the nominee has been recognized as a leading expert in his/her field. For example, is the nominee a recipient of major awards? Is their work cited by others in refereed journals and publications?