Outstanding Leadership In Alberta Science
This award salutes individuals or teams of individuals who have played a leadership role in and made a contribution to a scientific innovation or breakthrough.
Written Nomination Submission MUST Address The Following Criteria:
Overall Impact Of The Contribution To Science, Medicine, Mathematics Or Engineering
- Describe the contribution(s) the nominee has made in his/her discipline.
- What contributions are particularly noteworthy
General Contribution To Knowledge
- How has the nominee advanced new knowledge in the field?
- What is the significance/importance of these advancements?
- Has it been an incremental change or a major leap forward for the discipline?
Solution Of Novel Or Practical Problems
- Has the innovation or research resulted in a solution to a common or persistent problem in the field of science, medicine, mathematics or engineering? Describe the problem and the significance of the solution.
Overall Impact Of The Innovation Or Research
- What is the overall impact of the research or innovation?
- Describe some of the benefits of the research or innovation, either actual or potential.
International Peer Recognition
- Describe how the nominee has been internationally recognized as a leading expert in his/her field. For example, is the nominee a recipient of major awards? Is their work cited by others in refereed journals and publications