Societal Impact Award
This award is presented to an individual or team who has led, or significantly contributed to a technological innovation that has resulted in a positive impact on society.
Written Nomination Submission MUST Address The Following Criteria:
Describe The Technical Innovation And The Magnitude Of Its Impact
- Describe the technological innovation in terms that a non-expert in the field would understand.
- What is the magnitude of the impact on society?
The Need Addressed By The Innovation
- Identify what problem or societal need is addressed by the technological innovation.
Degree And Type Of Societal Benefits
- Describe the results achieved and the societal benefits that have been realized.
Sustainability And Scalability
- Clearly address the scale and sustainability of the innovation.
Demonstrate Social And Economic Impact
- How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high paying jobs?
- How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?