This award is honouring leadership and significant contribution through the discovery, application and/or implementation of technology products or processes.
QUALIFIED NOMINEES: An individual, team, or organization
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation? (250 words)
- 2. How did you develop the solution? Answer the following questions: (750 words)
- – Describe the technology, product or process and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – In what industries or trades can this technology, product or process be applied and can it be used broadly in other sectors?
- – How has the technology, product or process changed how things are currently done?
- – Describe how the technology has been applied in a novel way that has resulted in innovative tools that change current practice.
- – What is the significance of these advancements?
- 3. Demonstrate impact. (500 words)
- – How has this technology, product or process changed and/or improved the industry to which it is applied? How is the contribution particularly noteworthy, locally and globally?
- – How does this work further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.