This award is honouring leadership and significant contribution through the discovery, application and/or implementation of technology products or processes.
QUALIFIED NOMINEES: An individual, team, or organization
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation? (250 words)
- 2. How did you develop the solution? Answer the following questions: (750 words)
- – Describe the technology, product or process and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – In what industries or trades can this technology, product or process be applied and can it be used broadly in other sectors?
- – How has the technology, product or process changed how things are currently done?
- – Describe how the technology has been applied in a novel way that has resulted in innovative tools that change current practice.
- – What is the significance of these advancements?
- 3. Demonstrate impact. (500 words)
- – How has this technology, product or process changed and/or improved the industry to which it is applied? How is the contribution particularly noteworthy, locally and globally?
- – How does this work further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.
Are you curious about the nomination form, our streamlined process, or the information needed to complete it? Check out our PDF example nomination form and see just how easy it is to nominate a deserving candidate for a 2022 ASTech Award. The PDF Form is strictly for viewing purposes; an online submission must be made to be considered for a 2022 ASTech Award.