Outstanding Achievement in Energy and Environmental Innovation sponsored by Syncrude Canada Ltd.
This award honours work leading to innovations in the energy sector that advance the science or technology and have a positive environmental impact.
A nomination may be made in any one of the following areas:
- – Significant research leading to an improved understanding of any process.
- – Fundamental research leading to the advancement of knowledge.
- – Development of novel processes or systems in the energy industry.
- – Advance in process or research targeting environmental improvement in the energy industry.
The winner of the award will receive a $5,000 cash prize from Syncrude Canada Ltd.
WHO CAN APPLY? An individual or team working in academia, industry, or government. Nominees must have demonstrated exceptional research contribution or developed a technology of significance to the Alberta energy industry.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the market problem or opportunity you sought to address through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the research or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – How has the innovation advanced fundamental and/or applied research?
- – What is the significance of the solution?
- 3. Demonstrate the environmental impact.
- – What is the environmental benefit that was achieved or targeted?
- – If or when implemented what is the estimated impact of the advancement?
- – Is the environmental impact limited to the energy sector or is it more broadly applicable?
- 4. Demonstrate economic impact.
- – If or when implemented what is the economic impact?
- – How does it enhance economic development?
- – How does the technology or innovation contribute to Alberta’s reputation?