Researcher of the Year (Individual/Team: Academia, Research Institutions, Large Companies)
This award honours leadership and significant contribution to a science, engineering, mathematics or technology (STEM) research, innovation or breakthrough.
QUALIFIED NOMINEES: An individual or team in Academia, Research, Institutions, and Large Companies.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation? (250 words)
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions: (750 words)
- – Describe the research and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – How has the innovation advanced new knowledge in the field? Is it a niche market, or can it be applied broadly in other fields?
- – Has the innovation or research resulted in a solution to a common or persistent problem? Has it been an incremental change or a major leap forward?
- – What is the significance of these advancements?
- 3. Demonstrate impact. (500 words)
- – Describe the overall impact and benefits of the contribution to science, engineering, mathematics or technology. How is the contribution particularly noteworthy, locally and globally?
- – How does this work further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?
- – Describe how the nominee(s) has been recognized as a leading expert in their field as the recipient of major awards or through citations by others in refereed journals and publications.
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.
Are you curious about the nomination form, our streamlined process, or the information needed to complete it? Check out our PDF example nomination form and see just how easy it is to nominate a deserving candidate for a 2022 ASTech Award. The PDF Form is strictly for viewing purposes; an online submission must be made to be considered for a 2022 ASTech Award.