Outstanding Woman in Innovation sponsored by TSGI Corporation
This award honours leadership and significant contribution to a science, engineering, mathematics or technology (STEM) innovation or breakthrough through research or entrepreneurial activity.
The winner of this award will receive in-kind services valued at $5,000 from TSGI Corporation, including SR&ED tax credit consulting, aspects of technical advisory and tax accounting for the submission of a SR&ED claim. If the Winner is a researcher and unable to use the SR&ED services, the award consists of grant writing support.
WHO CAN APPLY: An female individual or team
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation? (250 words)
- 2. How did you develop the solution? Answer the following questions: (750 words)
- – Describe the research or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – Has the innovation or research resulted in a solution to a common or persistent problem? Has it been an incremental change or a major leap forward?.
- – What is the significance of these advancements, locally and globally?
- 3. Demonstrate impact. (500 words)
- – Describe the overall impact and benefits of the contribution to STEM. How is the contribution particularly noteworthy?
- – Describe how the nominee has been recognized as a leading expert in her field. Is the nominee a recipient of major awards or is her work cited by others in refereed journals and publications?
Nomination window is now closed.