Outstanding Achievement in Technology
This award is honouring leadership and significant contribution to a technological innovation or breakthrough.
WHO CAN APPLY: An individual or team
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the technology or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – Is the technology applicable to one particular niche market or can it be applied broadly to other sectors?
- – What patents have been granted or other intellectual property created related to this innovation?
- – Where does this technology fall in the commercialization continuum? Is it still in the proof-of-concept stage or is it ready to be launched in national and international markets?
- – What is the significance of these advancements?
- 3. Demonstrate impact.
- – Describe how the nominee has been recognized as a leading expert in his/her field. For example, is the nominee a recipient of major awards?
- – Describe the overall impact and benefits of the technology. How is the contribution particularly noteworthy?
- – How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high-paying jobs?
- – How does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?