Outstanding Emerging Change Makers
This award honours leadership potential in science, technology, engineering and mathematics teaching, research, entrepreneurship or a technology-based business. Nominees must exemplify qualities which are expected to make him/her a future leader in Alberta's innovation community.
WHO CAN APPLY: An individual under 40 years of age
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What makes this nominee a leader? (Are they the president of an organization or club? Have they been involved in community service, led the publication of research results or patent applications?)
- 2. Describe some of the activities the nominee has led or participated in that showcase their passion for innovation.
- 3. How has the nominee demonstrated initiative in Alberta’s science and technology community?
- 4. Describe how the nominee demonstrates entrepreneurial qualities such as recognizing an opportunity, leading the development of the opportunity and ultimately achieving a significant impact in his/her field.
- 5. How has the nominee been recognized as a leader? What awards/accolades has the nominee received?