Outstanding Leaders of Tomorrow sponsored by Alberta Economic Development and Trade
This award honours leadership potential in science and technology teaching, research, entrepreneurship or a technology-based business. Nominees must exemplify qualities that are expected to make him/her a future leader in Alberta's science and technology community.
This award is sponsored by Alberta Economic Development and Trade which provides a cash prize of $10,000 to the winner.
WHO CAN APPLY: An individual under 30 years of age
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What makes this nominee a leader? (Are they the president of a student organization or club? Have they been involved in community service, led the publication of research results or patent applications?)
- 2. Describe some of the activities the nominee has led or participated in that showcase their science and technology talent.
- 3. How has the nominee demonstrated initiative and involvement in Alberta’s science and technology community?
- 4. Describe how the nominee demonstrates entrepreneurial qualities such as the nominee’s ability to recognize an opportunity, lead the development of the opportunity and ultimately achieve a significant impact in his/her field.
- 5. How has the nominee been recognized as a leader by his/her peers? What awards/accolades has the nominee received?