Leaders of Tomorrow sponsored by Alberta Economic Development and Trade
This award is presented to an individual who is 30 years of age or less and has exemplified the qualities that are expected to make him/her a future leader in Alberta's science and technology community. The award recognizes an individual who shows leadership potential in the areas of science and technology teaching, research, entrepreneurship or a technology based business.
This award is sponsored by Alberta Economic Development and Trade which provides a cash prize of $10,000 to the winner.
Written Nomination Submission MUST Address The Following Criteria:
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates entrepreneurial qualities. Factors to consider are: the nominee’s ability to recognize an opportunity, lead the development of the opportunity and ultimately achieve a significant impact on his/her field.
- What makes this nominee a leader? For example, are they the president of a student organization or club? Have they been involved in community service, led the publication of research results or patent applications?
- Describe some of the activities the nominee has led or participated in that showcase Alberta’s science and technology talent.
- How has the nominee demonstrated initiative and involvement in Alberta’s science and technology community? Describe the activities or programs the nominee has led or participated in.
Recognition By Peers
- How has the nominee been recognized as a leader by his/her peers?
- What awards/accolades has the nominee received?