2022 ASTech Award Nominations NOW CLOSED.
Do you know an individual, team, or company inspiring innovation in Alberta, paving the way for leaders of tomorrow or developing amazing products or research? Bring their work to the forefront of Alberta’s innovation community and help them receive the recognition their hard work deserves:
– NOMINATE them or SELF-NOMINATE for an ASTech Award through our Standard Process Nomination Form (3-pages)
2022 Nomination Pathways
[CLOSED] Pathway 1: Standard Process – Submit a Full Nomination
Deadline: September 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM MDT
- 1. Process is very similar to that of recent years – and is required for all nominations.
- 2. Origin of Nomination can be: self-nominating, from colleagues, from institutions/employers, or from the community.
- 3. COMPLETING ONE NOMINATION FORM – allows you to SUBMIT to MULTIPLE CATEGORIES at once. Note: This simplified process is executed through a Drop-Down Selection of all 20 categories in the form.
- 4. The Standard Process Full Nomination Form is approximately:
- 3 pages in length
- Attachments (which can follow)
Are you curious about the nomination form, our streamlined process, or the information needed to complete it? Check out our PDF example nomination form and see just how easy it is to nominate a deserving candidate for a 2022 ASTech Award. The PDF Form is strictly for viewing purposes; an online submission must be made to be considered for a 2022 ASTech Award.
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.
[CLOSED] Pathway 2: Recommendation (Pre-Nomination) Form – (OPTIONAL)
- 1. This is a short-form process, where anyone can anonymously Recommend a worthy Alberta candidate to be nominated for an ASTech Award. IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE STANDARD PROCESS (Pathway 1), but it is to be used to help ‘nudge a worthy candidate’ to fill out a Standard Full Nomination Form.
- 2. All completed short-form Recommendations are reviewed on a weekly basis – and the eligible recommended candidates are contacted by Technology Alberta via email.
- 3. The Recommended Candidates then have the option of completing the “Standard Process – Full Nomination” Form (Pathway 1) as per the Standard Deadlines.
Note – This is a pilot process and best efforts will be put forward to support submissions.
2022 Awards Categories
A. Best in Sector Categories
- AI/ML Advancement and Application ** NEW **
- Digital (General)
- Construction/Smart Cities/Transportation ** NEW **
- Environmental Innovation in Energy Applications
- Social Innovation/Educational Technologies ** NEW **
- Sustainability Solutions/Approaches ** NEW **
B. Leadership/Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Categories
- Change Makers (Early Career)
- Early Adopter of Innovation (Combination: Customer and Alberta Innovator) ** NEW **
- Indigenous-led Entrepreneurship and Contribution to Knowledge ** NEW **
- Innovation of the Year Award (Entrepreneur/Startup/SME Company)
- Regional Champion (8 Regions across Alberta/1 award per region) ** NEW **
- Researcher of the Year (Individual/Team: Academia, Research Institutions, Large Companies)
- Woman in Innovation
- Alberta-wide Community Champion of Innovation
- Tributes (Honouring Community Members who are no longer with us) ** NEW **
- [CLOSED] Recommendation (Pre-Nomination) Form (OPTIONAL): Community Pre-Nomination Short Form* to be completed before September 15, 2022.
- [CLOSED] Submission Stage: Standard Process Nomination Form to be completed by the deadline – 10:00 AM MDT September 20, 2022.
- Judging Stage: All Completed Full-Nominations are reviewed. Finalists in each category are notified and are invited to attend the 2022 ASTech Awards.
- Awards Stage: Finalists will be recognized prior to, during, and post-event. Award winners will be announced at the ASTech Awards on November 4, 2022.
- A nominee (person/group/team/organization) may be nominated a maximum of two years in a row for the same achievement. After two subsequent nominations, the nominee and the same achievement are ineligible for nomination the following (3rd) year UNLESS the achievement is significantly different or is a new achievement. The nominee and the same achievement could be nominated again after one year’s absence from the nomination process.
Thank you all – for your support in building community and inspiring innovation.
Whether you like Ted Talks or Tik Toks – and want to see ASTech Award-winning Leaders in Science and Technology – see ASTech’s over 300 short videos on Youtube – ASTechOnline
SAVE THE DATE – The 33rd ASTech Awards – Friday, November 4th, 2022 (Hybrid Event).
For more information on volunteering, sponsoring, partnering, nominating, or attending – please contact email@example.com
Sign up for the ASTech Awards newsletter to receive timely updates and information.