This award honours leadership potential in science, technology, engineering and mathematics teaching, research, entrepreneurship or a technology-based business. Nominees must exemplify qualities which are expected to make them a future leader in Alberta's innovation community.
QUALIFIED NOMINEES: An individual under 40 years of age
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
To be considered for a 2022 ASTech Award, the nomination must address the following three components:
- 1. Problem/Opportunity Addressed
- 2. Solution Development/Outstanding Achievement
- 3. Demonstrate Impact/Adoption for Alberta and beyond
- 1. What makes this nominee a leader? (Are they the president of an organization or club? Have they been involved in community service, led the publication of research results or patent applications?)
- 2. Describe some activities the nominee has led or participated in that showcase their passion for innovation.
- 3. How has the nominee demonstrated initiative in Alberta’s science and technology community?
- 4. Describe how the nominee demonstrates entrepreneurial qualities such as recognizing an opportunity, leading the development of the opportunity and ultimately achieving a significant impact in their field.
- 5. How has the nominee been recognized as a leader? What awards/accolades has the nominee received?
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.
Are you curious about the nomination form, our streamlined process, or the information needed to complete it? Check out our PDF example nomination form and see just how easy it is to nominate a deserving candidate for a 2022 ASTech Award. The PDF Form is strictly for viewing purposes; an online submission must be made to be considered for a 2022 ASTech Award.