Environmental Innovation in Energy Applications
This award honours work leading to innovations in the energy sector that advance the science or technology and have a positive environmental impact.
A nomination may be made in any one of the following areas:
- – Significant research leading to an improved understanding of any process.
- – Fundamental research leading to the advancement of knowledge.
- – Development of novel processes or systems in the energy industry.
- – Advance in process or research targeting environmental improvement in the energy industry.
QUALIFIED NOMINEES: An individual, team, ororganization working in academia, industry, or government. Nominees must have demonstrated exceptional research contribution or developed a technology of significance to the Alberta energy industry.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What market problem or opportunity did you seek to address through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the research or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – How has the innovation advanced fundamental and/or applied research?
- – What is the significance of the solution?
- 3. Demonstrate the environmental impact.
- – What is the environmental benefit that was achieved or targeted?
- – If or when implemented, what is the estimated impact of the advancement?
- – Is the environmental impact limited to the energy sector, or is it more broadly applicable?
- – If or when implemented, what is the economic impact?
- – How does it enhance economic development?
- – How does the technology or innovation contribute to Alberta’s reputation?
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.
Are you curious about the nomination form, our streamlined process, or the information needed to complete it? Check out our PDF example nomination form and see just how easy it is to nominate a deserving candidate for a 2022 ASTech Award. The PDF Form is strictly for viewing purposes; an online submission must be made to be considered for a 2022 ASTech Award.