Environmental Innovation in Energy Applications
This award honours work leading to innovations in the energy sector that advance the science or technology and have a positive environmental impact.
A nomination may be made in any one of the following areas:
- – Significant research leading to an improved understanding of any process.
- – Fundamental research leading to the advancement of knowledge.
- – Development of novel processes or systems in the energy industry.
- – Advance in process or research targeting environmental improvement in the energy industry.
QUALIFIED NOMINEES: An individual, team, ororganization working in academia, industry, or government. Nominees must have demonstrated exceptional research contribution or developed a technology of significance to the Alberta energy industry.
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What market problem or opportunity did you seek to address through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the research or innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – How has the innovation advanced fundamental and/or applied research?
- – What is the significance of the solution?
- 3. Demonstrate the environmental impact.
- – What is the environmental benefit that was achieved or targeted?
- – If or when implemented, what is the estimated impact of the advancement?
- – Is the environmental impact limited to the energy sector, or is it more broadly applicable?
- – If or when implemented, what is the economic impact?
- – How does it enhance economic development?
- – How does the technology or innovation contribute to Alberta’s reputation?
Note – The nomination format is general for all categories.