An ASTech Award creates profile for individuals and companies at every stage of development:
- – Peer and sector recognition;
- – Visibility to a wider audience;
- – Credibility enhancement that helps with financing, customer relationships and recruitment of top talent;
- – A morale boost for employees, investors, business partners and other stakeholders who are recognized for outstanding achievement;
- – Profile and ongoing recognition through all ASTech communications platforms (newsletter, website, social media);
- – Profile when ASTech stakeholders pick up and promote the story of the award winner and underlying activity;
- – Presenting work/achievements to a broader audience year-round through the Alumni Speaker’s Bureau.
Listen to Dr. Mohamed Elhabiby discuss the value of winning an ASTech Award. His company Micro Engineering Tech Inc. received the Outstanding Achievement in Applied Technology award.
GrowSafe Systems won a sponsored award in 2012 that came with a $10,000 cash prize. Co-Founder Camiel Huisma describes how the money — and the credibility and contacts — helped build their business at a crucial time. GrowSafe was awarded the 2012 Outstanding Achievement in Agricultural Innovation award sponsored by Dow AgroSciences Canada.