Outstanding Achievement in Agricultural Innovation sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
This award honours the successful development and/or commercialization of novel technology or process with significant benefit within the agricultural and food industry.
- – Positive economic impact: job creation, growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy;
- – Positive impact on environmental performance: reduced water use, reduced air emissions, enhanced energy efficiency, smaller land footprint, sustainable environmental management or improved waste reduction;
- – Positive impact on consumer: improved food safety, increased productivity and profitability for safe affordable food supply, improved public trust; or
- – Positive impact on animal health and welfare: enhanced animal well-being, enhanced best management practices.
The winner of the award will receive a $10,000 cash prize from Corteva Agriscience.
WHO CAN APPLY: individual, team or organization
Written nomination submission MUST address the following criteria. Frame your answers for a non-expert in your field; use layman’s terms.
- 1. What is the market problem or opportunity you addressed through this innovation?
- 2. How did you develop the solution to this problem? Answer the following questions:
- – Describe the innovation and how it is unique and leading edge.
- – Describe or demonstrate how the innovation has progressed from concept to commercial application.
- – How does the solution contribute to gains in operational efficiency and improvements?
- – What is the significance of the solution?
- 3. Demonstrate economic, environmental, social or animal welfare benefits.
- – How does it enhance economic development? For example, does it create/and or retain high-paying jobs? Does it further the growth and diversification of Alberta’s economy?
- – Describe the environmental benefits and how the innovation is having a positive impact on the environment.
- – How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved quality of life?
- – How does the technology or innovation contribute to improved animal health and welfare?